Don’t change your password, change to URQUi
The original “host agnostic” authentication solution
The internet and virtual communication has become an everyday aspect of most peoples lives, and as a result exposed people to privacy intrusion.
What it means?
URQUi has created a win win framework for both individuals and organizations.
For individuals, they now control their own security, and can function in the virtual world with greater confidence.
For organizations, no longer have to worry about being cyber attacked to obtain confidential information, as well as their liability to hacking has been greatly diminished, which leads to a better and more fruitful relationship with their clients.
View our 90 second Explainer Video
Want to know more?
URQUi is based on ephemeral numbers, that are used as keys to identify individuals.
There are two related components to the framework. One that is used by an individual, and the second that is used by an organization(s).
The individual component is an application that functions on any mobile or digital device. The purpose of this application is to create keys, locally on the device, no cellular or Wi-Fi connection is required.
A new set of numbers(URQUi key) are created every minute(ephemeral) as indicated by the countdown clock shown below the URQUi key.
For organizations, their responsibility is to collect the URQUi keys from individuals with whom they have already created a relationship, in order to perform identify verification. The organization, does not require any additional software or hardware to provide URQUi security, they simply just need to communicate with one of the many URQUi servers, that will perform the verification.
URQUi is host agnostic (generic); once installed on an individuals device, it can work with any combination of government hosts, school hosts, non-profit hosts or commercial hosts.
At no time is any individuals personal information collected, transmitted or saved.
URQUi is a proud ambassador of Privacy by Design
Privacy by Design 7 Foundational Principles
- PROACTIVE NOT REACTIVE! PREVENTIVE NOT REMEDIAL Privacy by Design comes before the fact, not after.
- PRIVACY IS THE DEFAULT SETTING No action required on the part of the individual to maintain their privacy.
- PRIVACY IS EMBEDDED INTO DESIGN.
- FULL FUNCTIONALITY No trade-offs are made. No false dichotomies; privacy or security?
- END TO END SECURITY FULL LIFECYCLE PROTECTION.
- VISIBILITY & TRANSPARENCY KEEP IT OPEN.
- RESPECT FOR USER PRIVACY KEEP IT USER CENTRIC.
Dr. Ann Cavoukian, Ph.D. Information and Privacy Commisioner of Ontario, Canada.
URQUi Design Principles
- URQUi must not require the user to disclose or transmit confidential information.
- URQUi must not keep records of mobile users.URQUi must be free for all users/clients.
- URQUi must not require the user to keep ANYTHING* secret.
- URQUi must not collect user data. Mobile user data not collected or retained, cannot be exploited.
- URQUi must be free for all users/clients.
- URQUi must work with multiple servers.
- URQUi must not require users to purchase anything.
- URQUi provides security and privacy with anonymity.
Privacy is the responsibility of individuals and organizations.
URQUi can help individuals take control of their privacy.
Meet our Founders
Led a consulting firm for 27 years specializing in delivering marketing
and growth strategies for more than 200 clients. Solving organizational
problems, developing systems to enter new markets, scale up and build
strong teams. Lorraine holds an MBA and is the past president of the
Association for Corporate Growth (ACG).
Focus – Commercializes complex technologies, finds strategic partners,
raises funds and organizes companies to enable growth.
Ken Jennings, Dipl. T
Managed systems sales, marketing, product marketing, consulting and computer services sales.
Focus – business strategy, marketing, business development and partner relationships.
Dr. Jose M. Fernandez, Eng., Ph. D.
Assistant Professor, Dept. of Computer and Software Engineering, Ecole Polytechnique de Montreal
Head of Laboratory for Information Security Research.
Focus – cryptography, privacy protection, and process evaluation
Jonathan Bell, B.B.A.
Technical Consultant specializing in the development of straightforward solutions to complex IT problems. Jon is a long time IT veteran, working in almost every stage of the computer evolution.
Focus – The need to provide a secure and simple method for individuals to identify themselves in a virtual world without compromising their privacy or personal security.